Friday, May 13, 2011

Yoga

During end of grade testing, we aren't allowed to follow normal routine and take our exercise break. So instead we do yoga! I found a book on Scholastic's monthly book order for yoga poses for kids. I took the book apart, cut and pasted the pictures onto large unlined notecards. Then I laminated the cards and put them into a large laminated clasped envelope. My plans are to use my projector and elmo to display the card onto the board. This will make it easier for the kids to see, and to focus on one move at a time. Yoga is great for strengthening muscles, creating flexibility, developing gross motor skills, and working on bilateral movement. There are many more great things that Yoga can do for our bodies, but those explanations are great to have in your lesson plans and to explain to others who don't quite understand why this type of activity is beneficial for our students!
~Jessica
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment